Google

Thursday, June 30, 2005

I Give Up

I do. I freakin' give up. I was willing to accept when the History Channel was actually the World War II channel. It's not my favorite part of history; but it is important, there's lots film to work with, and I imagine it suits their demographic to a "T".

But that was then, this is now:

8:00pm UFO Files TVPG, CC
9:00pm UFO Files TVPG, CC
10:00pm Modern Marvels (ET Tech) TVPG, CC
11:00pm Alien Abductions TVPG, CC

And this is by no means unusual, every night this week the 8:00 show is UFO Files.

Don't get me wrong, there are reasonable arguments to be made that intelligent, non-human civilizations exist elsewhere in the universe. The odds for it are suggestive, though not indicative. Last week and the week before, NOVA showed a four part series called, Origins, which included an episode on the possibility of extraterrestrial intelligence. But that's a world away from abduction stories about E.T. with an anal probe.

Is it too much to ask that the History Channel be about - I don't know - History?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home